Let’s say you use MapQuest daily in your shipping department. You can add the web page to the VISUAL toolbar.
Make sure the line “UseToolbar=Y” is in your Visulal.ini file in the [Visual Mfg] section, as below:
If you don’t do this, you won’t see the buttons you will create.
1. Log in as SYSADM
2. Go to Admin | Toolbar Maintenance from the Visual Banner
Each row in the table represents a button in the user toolbar, in a specific window
3. Click Insert to add a new row
4. Double click on the search icon over the “Program Name” Column.
5. Select the Shipping Entry menu item, and click Ok
6. Fill out a row in the window as follows:
- Toolbar ID: Maps
- Position: 1
- Tooltip: Map Quest
- Double click on the search icon at the top of the Bitmap column. (the search icon is a magnifying glass)
- Browse to the Visual Executable folder, and select a suitable bitmap.
- Find the path to a browser.
- My entry to mapquest is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe www.mapquest.com
- Click Save
This VISUAL Did You Know Tip was brought to you by BizTech VISUAL Consultant, Paul Turnberg