Did you know that you can set up a function to prepay vendors in VISUAL?
To enable the prepayment function, the following must be in the Visual.ini file (or in Preferences for the user in Visual 7.x and beyond):
1. Create a PO and save it.
2. Create an AP voucher for the desired prepayment amount. Insert a line for the prepayment amount. Reference the PO you are prepaying in the Order column. The system will insert your default Purchase Receipts Accrual account for you. You need to change this to an appropriate g/l account such as Vendor Deposits or Prepayments, for example. If you leave the Purchase Receipts Accrual account on the prepayment voucher, this will cause issues with reconciling your Purchase Receipts Accrual.
3. Save, post to GL, and pay this voucher to the vendor.
4. When goods are received, the Warehouse will perform the receipt process. They have no knowledge of the prepayment, and they don’t need to. Nothing will look or act any differently.
5. When the AP clerk receives the vendor invoice for goods received on the PO, begin creating the voucher just like any other. The total of the voucher header should be the NET amount owed for the PO, the PO total less your prepayment. Use <F6> to link this voucher to the receipt. When you have selected the PO and receiver, click OK. The system will place the receipt lines in the voucher detail table, and also include a line for the prepayment as a deduction from the amount owed.
6. Save, post, and pay this voucher using your ordinary processes.
By referencing the same PO number on the prepayment as you do on the final voucher, the system will recognize it when you create the F6 link at the time of final invoicing.
This tip was brought to you by VISUAL Consultant, Kurt Carr
VISUAL Did You Know?
If you have any questions about Infor VISUAL, contact us at 800.804.4715. We would be happy to help you!Subscribe to the BizTech intERPreter.
Join the VISUAL Manufacturing Group on LinkedIn!
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
BizTech, an Infor VISUAL Channel Partner and provider of Information Technology solutions, is pleased to announce that Data Communications Solutions will be an exhibitor at BizTech’s 2013 Infor ERP VISUAL User Conference, Infor VISUAL… and beyond!
Headquartered in Minnesota, Data Communication Solutions [DCS] is a consulting firm focused on EDI since 1991. Electronic Data Interchange [EDI] is the secure computer-to-computer exchange of documents such as P.O’s, Shipment Notices, Invoices, and Remittance Advices without human intervention. Data moves from your customer’s computer system, through the Internet, and securely to your computer system. No matter how simple or complex your needs are, DCS has the right EDI solution for you! For a FREE assessment, visit www.dcsedi.com or contact Vicki Gohman, Strategic Alliance Executive at 952-996-0932. Make sure to visit DCS’ booth at the conference!
About Infor VISUAL… and beyond!
Infor VISUAL… and Beyond! will take place August 20-22, 2013 at the Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg/Toledo Conference Center in Perrysburg, Ohio. For less than the price of one day of consulting, Infor VISUAL users or potential users will be able to attend educational sessions covering a variety of VISUAL manufacturing, financial and technical topics. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow VISUAL users, the entire BizTech VISUAL Team and Infor Representatives. You’ll also be able to see a variety of technical solutions from BizTech partners in the VISUAL Solutions Center.
Find out more at: