Did you know that you can create a Return Material Authorization when the original customer order isn’t available?
The situation may arise where you are unable to generate an RMA against the original customer order. This happens frequently if you are an new implementation and the original order is not in the new system, or you cannot find the original order- or maybe for other reasons you do not want to use the original order in the RMA. VISUAL allows you to process an RMA and the related return against a new customer order. Use the following steps to associate and process the RMA using a new customer order.
- Go To Sales/Return Material Authorization
- Enter customer ID and Return Reason Code
- Press Save – VISUAL will assign an RMA number and new Customer Order ID
- Click on “Show New Order” icon and VISUAL will open the order management window and populate order entry window with the customer information.
Enter Part/s Being Returned into New Order
- Insert a line and enter part ID and quantity for the parts being returned.
Note: If you do not want the parts to be added back into inventory do not enter a part number into the part ID field; instead enter the part number into the “Misc. Ref/Descr” field. If part ID is not entered, be sure to enter the Revenue account number into the customer order line.
- Enter price per unit manually or price return using Price Book by pressing the Price Book calculator icon. If you are not using the price from Price Book enter a “Y” into the override price field.
- Enter notes to customer (optional) regarding credit into Order Specifications
- Open RMA and refresh, VISUAL will populate the returned part information from the new customer order into the RMA screen.
- Enter the return quantity authorized into the RMA.
- Press Save to save the RMA data
Record Returned Parts
- Open Shipping Entry – Sales/Shipping Entry
- Click on Returned Shipments Icon
- Enter RMA ID and VISUAL will populate the shipping entry screen with the RMA data indicating the authorized return quantity.
- Enter the actual quantity returned into the shipping entry screen
- Press save and VISUAL will generate a “negative” packlist for the returned merchandise and the packlist will appear in the eligible packlists table to print a credit using Invoice Forms.
Generate Customer Credit
- Open Sales/Invoice Forms – Set screen to the following settings – Create A/R Invoices, Print Form and Shipped Date
- Select File/Print One Invoice
- From the list of eligible packlists search on Order ID to retreive the credit packlist.
- Select the packlist print the customer credit
BizTech VISUAL Consultant Joe Horvath provided this edition of VISUAL Did You Know?