Are you running an old version of VISUAL Manufacturing? If you are, you’re missing out on many new features that could make your organization more efficient! Here are some highlights from Infor ERP VISUAL 7.0:
· VISUAL Enterprise Search
- With only one small piece of information, such as a part number or customer number, you can quickly find all related transactions in VISUAL that contain that piece of information.
- Filter by transaction type to quickly get to the type of information you are looking for and drill into the transaction.
· Document Lifecycle Viewer
- To help you research customer and vendor issues faster, use the Document Lifecycle to drill down from one document to all related documents. For instance, if you have a question about a customer order that is related to an invoice, you can launch the Lifecycle and immediately see the related sales order, as well as related quotes and shipment documents.
· Improved integration with Microsoft™ technology
- Gain visibility of VISUAL data in SharePoint® with the SharePoint Starter Kit for VISUAL (also available for Visual 6.5.4 SP3)
- Link to documents on SharePoint from within VISUAL Document References.
· Credit and payment rating alert in customer order entry
- For each customer you can set thresholds for a visual indicator (green/yellow/red) representing the customer's credit and payment status.
· Improved visibility to shipping status
- Two new fields on the customer order line indicate the status of the line (whether quantity will meet demand) and the scheduled finish date of a linked work order.
· Workflow improvements
- New comparators and Windows™ System Tray notifications allow you to further automate approvals.
- Quickly locate recently used documents, parts, vendors, etc. by choosing from history list on the File menu
· Scheduling Window enhancements
- Several enhancements to the scheduling window have been made, including a new color palette for operation and task screen objects, mouse wheel support, tooltip display, new filtering, and more.
· Leg Updater
- Automatically push changes to a bill of material out to other engineering masters using that bill as a leg.
· Reference Designator support
- For high-tech or electronic manufacturers, reference designators can be established at the engineering master level.
· ECN enhancement
- If an operation or material requirement has no labor transactions or issues against it, the ECN process will update those areas of the work order.
· New project features
- A number of new features related to the Project/Aerospace & Defense modules have been added, including added scheduling window and estimating window elements.
· Defined substitute parts at the engineering master level
- Define acceptable substitutes on the engineering master level, a more specific designation than the part maintenance level. When issuing materials, users can choose only those substitutes.
· Improved Accounting Processes
- Progress billing now supports partial shipments, eliminating the credit for the balance of the order after the first shipment.
- A new flag in customer maintenance allows you to suppress printing statements.
- VISUAL now supports file exports for the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
- Export Cash Book Window and GL Transaction windows to Excel.
· VISUAL.INI Settings in the Database
- Settings related to each user that have traditionally been housed in the VISUAL.INI settings are now set within the VISUAL application by the user, with descriptions for each setting to ease administration.
· Users other than SYSADM can now delete GL Batches and Add or Maintain
· New user profiles allow for easy security set up of new users
· Field-level security
- Secure any header field in Customer, Vendor, or Part Maintenance by user.
· Improved user-defined fields
- A new type of customizable UDF, String List, allows administrators to define a validated list of choices for a given field.
- URLs (web hyperlinks) are a new Type of UDF.
- UDFs have been added to RMAs.
· Other Enhancements
- Updated Technology and a fresh user interface
- More available fields have been added to various QRPs.
- New status on vendors can be set to not allow further use by buyers.
- Shop resources now have an Active/Obsolete Flag, similar to the Obsolete Flag in Part Maintenance.
- A new visual indicator for Document References shows if Document References exist from the toolbar.
- The Material Planning Window data columns are now color-coded in the following categories:
- Projected Quantity