There are many reasons why you might want to remove an extended query. You may have inherited modified QRP reports where something is just not right, you want to diagnose a problem that surfaced, or you might want to enhance an existing report and need to temporarily remove the existing extended query. Whatever the case, there is way to do this.
Standard reports within VISUAL are performed within executables in which inputs to the report are hard coded into the executables. Extended queries allow desired information that isn’t an input to be added to the report as a variable linking data to the report.
To remove the query, you must:
- Open the desired QRP using the Gupta Report Builder.
- Go to the formulas in the object tree on the left and find the one named SQLQUERY.
- Right click on SQLQUERY and select properties.
- Make sure the SQLQUERY in the middle widow box and click Select Formula.
- Click the delete button then the OK button and confirm that you want to delete the selected formula.
- Go to the Input Variables in the object tree on the left.
- Right click and delete each input variable.
This edition of VISUAL Did You Know is brought to you by BizTech VISUAL Consultant, Ivan Wilson.