Did you know that you can manually enable Visual Help / Books Online files?
Under certain conditions in some VISUAL 6.5.x environments, security can impede the ability of VISUAL Help or Books Online from launching.
To manually enable this functionality, you need to:
1. Run Regedit
2. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\HTML HELP
3. Right Click the Help folder.
4. Select New then String Value from the menu and add a new entry (Example VM.CHM).
5. Double click the new entry.
6. In the Edit String window, enter the path to where the appropriate .CHM file is located.
7. Repeat the above steps to add VF.CHM, EIS.CHM, Barcode.CHM
Presto! VISUAL Help / Books Online is now enabled.
This edition of VISUAL Did You Know is brought to you by BizTech VISUAL Consultant, Ivan Wilson.